Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Day Dawn is Breaking

.
Well, actually it broke some time ago...........I just slept right through it.
The sun is up and bright........the air is clear as only a cold winters day can be. The turquoise blue sky is empty of anything except an occasional bird flitting from one potential feeding ground to another.

The pooch, having a bladder the size and capacity of a thimble, begged and pleaded till I, giving in, let him out and walk with him. Shudda worn a coat........my nipples popped out so I worried that they might get frostbite......exposed skin quickly chilled to meat locker conditions.

Finally he watered two blades of grass and fertilized a half dollar sized patch of winter killed Bermuda grass.......scratched like he was a big dog and took off to the front door like a cat was after him........leaving me......my hands in my pockets..... to shuffle quickly after.

My apologies to those friends farther north......but it's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra around here. Wish I had a wood stove or fireplace...........

1 comment:

Jean said...

The witch in the brass bra is visiting Florida, too... holy crap, it's cold!