Saturday, September 08, 2007

Just asking............

.
.............but is there anything better that a bowl of peach cobbler along with a little vanilla ice cream on top.
Well, at least in the typical food groups anyway.
At least that is the opinion of this ol' redneck country boy.
I can remember as a young child our mother cooking up apple pies and peach cobblers and my favorite, blackberry cobbler. Served still hot from the oven. So hot that we would take real cream, skimmed off of milk from our own jersey cows, and pour it liberally over the top, cooling it down enough to eat. And if you had it the next day there would be a film of congealed butter on top sweetened by the copious amounts of sugar it took to make. Yum doesn't hardly begin to describe how it tastes in my memory.

All of this triggered by the last bowl of cobbler I'm eating on right now between every sentence.

Wishing you all a peach cobbler weekend.

2 comments:

US said...

I prefer blackberry...yum-o! Mama taught me to live it!

I remember being at the farm and y'all had just picked (what seemed like) a ton. Aunt B wouldn't let us eat them so that she could make pies.

Isn't everything better with a scoop o' vanilla?

Jan said...

Reading this just brought back great memories of all of the cobblers I've enjoyed...blackberry, and peach, and another one that I remember was made from dew berries, but I am not sure of the name. They were little green berries, not much bigger than a BB...do you know about those?