Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just my view

.
The current Shrill cries and protestations from both major political parties have not lessened my enjoyment of the circus where all the candidates are promising us more circuses and bread to boot. I am just a bit jaded of pointing and giggling.... ...welllll....I'll allow as I have sometimes ranted a little.......not as excessively as beforetimes but, still.......a little.

I'll simply copy the following two passages from two of my favorite books, and let you decide if any one of the declared candidates would swear to uphold same.....and so garner support from me.

"It is not true that the function of law is to regulate our consciences, our ideas, our wills, our education, our opinions, our work, our trade, our talents, or our pleasures. The function of law is to protect the free exercise of these rights, and to prevent any person from interfering with the free exercise of these same rights by any other person."

"one may not condemn a man for succeeding because he knows how. Neither may one with justice take away from a man what he has fairly earned, to give to men of less ability".

Comments???

1 comment:

US said...

And all the good people said: Amen!

I think I'm becoming more of a libertarian everyday!