Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm a hunter not a fisher

Have you ever had to depend on someone else to get the ball rolling on an important aspect of your life. Say refinancing when your credit is bad, it's not a house in the 'burbs, and you have to operated on stated, not proved income.
Boy will that make your water weak.
When they say they will call and you have to chase them down and wind up leaving messages and paging them, to at last reach them and find out that it will be a while longer.
I waiting on a call this morning. If it's put off I will be found sharpening my Swiss Army (the Swiss Army) bayonets. Swiss steel and blood in the morning. Better than coffee, which I don't drink, to get the juices flowing. At least something would be accomplished.

This is why I don't hunt or fish anymore. Waiting on a deer to wander by, or sitting on the bank waiting for a nibble just doesn't cut it with me. I know many people who are avid hunters or fisherman. It's just not my cup of tea.
When I was young, in the spring the suckers, ( red drum) would migrate up the streams much like salamon to spawn. We would get our gigs and flashlights and wade the shallows and hunt them down without mercy. When the light would hit them even in water up to 3 ft deep they would shine like new money. That's when the gig would strike right behind the head pinning the to the streambed to be picked up and strung on a stout stick, while we looked for the next one.

That's my idea of going after something that you want and bringing home food for a week in one night

No tangles there. Short and simple.

1 comment:

Northwoods Woman said...

Hey, I can't find your email. Please email me!