Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Taking the Bull by the horns

Sometimes you just have to really put it all on the line. I've been trying to refinance our property to forstall foreclosure procedings. I contacted all the right people, one man said he could take care of everything. Nooo problem. Just let his appraiser come and take a look and the money would be there. Four months later I still waiting for the freaking appraiser. Now down to the nut cutting time. So I got in the truck and drove an hour to his house. I was determined to look him in the eye and discuss what is going to happen. Best thing I could have done. No excuses now. He has to come thru for me. A stranger a few months ago. But even though I probable dial his phones more than anyone else, he is unfailingly courteous and friendly when we do talk. He'll do it himself. We've become friends. Probably be a personal loan from a man who has had a lot on his plate. First his daughter was killed by her new lover when the old one broke in thru the window and opened the bedroom door. Two small children. Grandmother is his ex wife. She'll probably get custody.
Now it turns out that will be best.
His currant wife has what appears sure to be stomach cancer.
In spite of this he is going out of his way to make sure my problem is taken care of.
Character and principals will show every time and the world will profit by more people having them.

One sure way to cut away some of the tangled vines.

No comments: