Saturday, March 15, 2008

I see you looking.......

.
.......And I have to wonder if you find the rambling and rantings of interest or just want to see what I'll think of next.
some days the visits are from far away countries.........from all around the globe. It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of people in Finland.....or China......Peru.... and Hong Kong.

The internet has within it the ability to pull people around the world together.
To exchange information and ideas.....to seek a greater understanding of the desires and necessities of each others culture. I'm sure to a small degree that is happening.
Maybe more among the young. I was visiting a friend yesterday and noticed a book on his shelf with what is considered a provocative title......."The Nigger on Narcissus".
It was a tale of a black man on a sailing ship written in 1908. I tried to buy it. My friend said it wasn't for sale. Apparently he has a collection of old books and many of them have titles and subjects that we here in the USA no longer consider cool to utter. They're just words.......they only have the power to hurt or insult if someone allows them to. unfortunately today too many people are looking for a reason to protest any perceived insult.........whether intended or not.

Ow well........I've found after many, many long years of trying that I don't make much of an impact on a macro scale..........I'll now confine myself to the Micro world around me. The rest can muddle on as best they can.

The Kudzu will be starting to put out leaves shortly......and again I'll shade myself within their fuzzy comforting arms.

No comments: