Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine

.


A quite morning here in the neighborhood. Of course because it is, in part, a hood....
I'm quite certain that before too long the loud thumping of 200 watt amplifiers sitting in the back of a 20 year old Oldsmobile will be heard from either near or far.

A quiet gentle rain woke me this morning......well, that and the fact that the pooch was telling me he had to go out. Then, seeing the rain as I opened the door, he attempted to pull back. Having none of that, I dragged him out and told him to get to his business.......which, reluctantly, he did. The look of relief on his face when done was almost human.

The rain has stopped for now, though the clouds persist. I've been in and out getting a few things settled. In a little while I'm crank up the laptop and put in the instructional DVD on the new White metal detector my Grandson and I traveled to Dahlonega yesterday to buy. Will be finding nails and cans this afternoon no doubt.
He was all excited yesterday to put it together and make our first uneducated foray into the wilds of the kudzu grotto. We found a piece of diet pepsi can, and digging a little deeper, (which he moaned and groaned about) the top of an old tin can.

After all a fellow has to plan ahead on how he intends to spend his retirement years.
You may spot me along the beaches, burnt by the sun, knobby knees flashing as I search for whatever may find me, or perhaps down in a sunny meadow where long ago Gray and Blue lines of men sought to slay their brothers in volleys of smoke, fire and lead.

1 comment:

Jean said...

beautiful video.

I hope you find treasure.