Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Evening, Almost a week

This week is just about to be closed out and put into the archives of weeks gone by, and it means that I've been drifting, lost in the Doldrums for that period of time. So it is with a great surprise that I learn The Darlin’ Miss Jean has suggested my name for this blog award....



I'll tell you, I worry about the girl sometimes. Perhaps its all those exhaust fumes from Daytona that have affected her after enough years. Maybe if she had done like Clinton and not inhaled....

Apparently I'm supposed to tell you five thing about me and then pass the award along. That's gonna be tough.....

Not the five things about me....

Rather picking five things about me that I'm not ashamed to let people know about....

One, I've been married 42 yrs, 4 mo's and 6 days. The astonishing thing about that is the wife still lets me hang around. Of course she has a sweeter and more forgiving nature than I.
We have 3 children together (2 daughters and a son) and I have a daughter by another relationship who I didn't know until she was 16. The astonishing thing is not that they all turned out so well, rather that all of them love me. Blessed I am.

Two, The Government used to pay me to kill people in the Southeast Asia War Games, (where we took Second Place) and now they pay me not to. Despite that, I love my country. I just don't particularly like the people who want us to think they run it. With medication and therapy I have found that I am the one who deserves the blame for all my misfortunes.

Three, In spite of the advancing years, and probable advanced dementia, I still think I'm gonna conquer my area of the world and will sometimes jump off into the deep end of the pool without my arm floaties. I'm as excited about the opportunity to have a small part of a potential new business as I was at the births of my children. My loving wife worries that it will just be another one of Larry's money losing dreams. Me.....ha, time will tell. Go for it....let's roll.

Four, I don't drink, smoke or use any of the popular hallucinogenics, just those mind altering prescription drugs the VA keeps sending in the mail. I don't mind if you do though... just try not to throw up on the rug or cause harm to any one other than yourself.

Five, I've been tossing things out into the interwebz for just over 5 years. Haven't made much of an impact but that's alright. Would I like to be read and enjoyed by thousands and change the world for the better..... yeah, but apparently not enough to work at it harder.
It's just another way to calm the voices in my head that keep my ears ringing, and it gets me to the computer where I have read writers that put me in my place every day without even knowing me. All of you have made my life better in some way. Thanks

Now who to nominate in order to keep the chain going?..........

How about Brigid who really is moving and Mike V who is trying, and succeeding, to make a difference.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Thank you for doing this.

d:-)