Monday, June 18, 2007

Slight progress, I guess.

.
We seem to be making a little headway with the minions in Mordor-on-the-Potomac.

I received two letters today. One from the Vice Presidents office signed by his lackey for correspondence. A special assistant no less, thanking me for my correspondence about the Illegal (my word, not hers) immigration policy. They notify me that my views have been noted. Probably means I'm on a list somewhere. Either that or that my returns for the last 10 years will be audited.

Another from one of our Senators from Georgia who at least now is mouthing words more to my liking. But who now comes across as a Clinton who will spout whatever flavor of the moment poll indicates is the thing we want to hear.

I don't think they expected the uproar that has been raised. Good. Let them contemplate the results of their actions just a little more.

I'd love to think that they stare anxiously into the fire over their highballs and worry just a little bit that a sleeping giant had been roused. But more likely they conspire in their smoke filled rooms about how long they have to wait before we fall asleep again like a newborn puppy. So suddenly that he sprawls to a halt in mid stride because we can't seem to keep our eyes open.

Just a little rant here in the kudzu to let you know that I'm still kicking.

No comments: