Monday, July 23, 2007

A first for me.

.
Not much surprises me anymore. I've seen, read about, heard of, imagined many of the positive and negative aspects of the bi-pedal, mostly hairless, mammalian species we call us. Believe me when I say that no so called lower species of animal can obtain higher achievement, nor sink lower into degradation, than humans. Perhaps that's because we have free will to choose as we want or desire to.

My wife has a tee shirt that has written on it, "Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups". Can't argue about that. Some are all to eager to accept as truth anything someone they either admire or perceive as a leader, whether political, military, educationally or whatever as long as they don't have to think for themselves, just follow along like sheeple, heading to the shearing barn..

Come to think of it, they also like to make fun of anyone who stands outside the barn and thinks about whether they'd rather keep their wool for themselves. And if you're not careful they'll start throwing rocks or other more dangerous missiles at you.

I could go on and on and on and on. Just ask some of my relatives. All of my former friends, and a lot of people who only met me one time. But, I was going to write about a first for me.

Today I saw someone riding a real Segway personal transporter.

Oh yeah, I know they're old news. I've seen the articles on them and pictures of the use for them. I don't after all live way back in a cave. (just a small, dark, snug grotto with the salamanders and other slithery things).

I guess I'm lucky to live near a major university (UGA) Not only do I get to see a few of the flatbellied hardbodies on some of the hotties around town, I also occasionally run into something as interesting as a Segway. And being as shallow and stupid as the rest of the herd, for a brief second I thought, "hummmm, I'd like to have me one of those.

2 comments:

Kat said...

LOL - just the other day, i saw one of those too - the first time "in real life" I'd seen one. It was here in Midtown tho. :)

k said...

Hey. Us scooter folks are ALL for that stuff.

Well...of course, if the healthy folks start using nothin' but Segways when their feets need some walking exercise, they could end up in the scooter crowd anyway.

heh!