Saturday, July 07, 2007

Wherin I have been .............

.
.........Tagged by the Darling Miss Jean, I shall endeavor to think of 8 things about me. Might take a while.

First the rules.


1. Post the rules for the meme at the beginning of your post.

2. This meme consists of the blogger listing eight random

facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged in this post are to write their own

post listing their own eight random items and list the rules.

4. At the end of the post/meme, list the folks you are tagging

and leave them notice of such in their comments.


**************

1. I graduated high school two years before Jean. Which is OK because I hear that girls mature before guys. And by the time I grow up she'll likely catch up to me.

2. Married almost 40 years. 20 of the happiest years of my life. (my wife hates when I tell that at a social gathering) (With good reason I guess).

3. I have 3 lovely daughters and a handsome son. Most of them inherited my brains, which is a good thing considering my looks.

4. I have always had a fear of wearing shorts. It's long pants or nothing for me.
The flesh of my belly and legs would put to shame the belly of a fish I reckon.

5. I have always had a way of putting the kids and grand kids to sleep when they are young. Give the mothers a break and me an excuse for a nap.

6. The years of 1969 through 1975 had a profound impact on my entire life. Not always for the better, but then, not always for the worse. It did give me a respect for taking oaths, which doesn't seem to be in vogue now among our exhaulted leaders. Much to my dismay, regret, and disappointment. But I will predict that the future leaders who have served during the current War, no matter the name they give it at the moment, will show the current crowd what Honor means.

7. I went to and graduated from Greenleaf Business College in Atlanta. Subjects were computer programming and business accounting. Neither certificate was ever used to good effect. Back then youngsters, the IBM 350 had 4K (four kilobytes) of memory.

8. I have on my desk a 10 oz bar of silver that I refined, melted and cast. A little rough looking, but so am I.

I tag anyone who may want to reveal anything at all about themselves. If I don't have you linked send me a note and I'll add you and read with wonder all about you.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Thank you, Larry!

All this makes you even more special to me.

Anonymous said...

... you refined 10oz of silver?... where's your claim, sourdough?...

Eric

kdzu said...

Eric... It is virtually in every city in the country, if they're of any size at all. Sometimes more than one. I consider it a byproduct, albeit more valuable than 6 years ago. No telling how much I discarded as not worth the trouble. Of 20/20 foresight I had none.

Kat said...

I was tagged with this same meme by someone else -- wander over by "Yikes!" and indulge in some serious amounts of boredom while reading my meme answers!