Monday, July 30, 2007

Hits

.
Hits came in today from all over Europe, South America. Even one from Lithuania. I all ways remember them for their courage in facing up to the Soviet Union and in the process of gaining their freedom led millions of other to freedom from tyranny from the old men in Moscow. Although in light of some of the things Putin is doing we need to keep a close eye on the Russians. The memory of Empire has not left their leaders.

Another was from Argentina. I was fascinated by tale of the gauchos on the pampas when I first read of them in grammar school. It's always been on my wish list of places to visit. Especially the mountains in the South. I also like to go on down to Terra del Fuego, the island group at the southern tip of South America that they share with Chile.

It would be lovely to speak enough Spanish to travel and interact with those peoples.
If any lovely young Latina from Argentina wants to visit America and teach me Spanish , I'll try to show them this part of The United States.

1 comment:

k said...

Wow.

Me too.

I love the places where the earth sort of...ends.