Monday, July 16, 2007

Star Trek Fan

.
I confess to being a huge Star Trek Fan. From the Sixties until today, I've enjoyed all of the various incarnations of the Enterprise.

I suppose it stems from coming of age in the 60's when we considered that we, all of us, individually and together could accomplish anything we wanted to. Or, as a friend once said, "if you can conceive it, you can achieve it".

That seemed to me to be so true. Especially in the summer of '69, when, while in basic training at Fort Polk, LA, we heard and watched as the USA, fulfilling a goal set by young President, John F. Kennedy, sent a rocket containing 3 astronauts and a moon lander to the moon, sat two of them down upon the surface, and returned them safely to mother earth.

Star Trek seemed so prophetic in those early days of the space program.

I've stated many times that I'd give my left nut to go into space. In any kind of vehicle that would carry me there. Heck, no more than I use them these days, I'd likely give them both. I could always get a bionic Roscoe like Acidman if I made it back and the women were clamoring for a piece of a man who slipped the bonds of gravity, if only for a little while.

The latest incarnation of Star Trek has to be my favorite. I'll admit to having had a crush on Troy on Picard's Enterprise, and later the delectable Seven-of-nine.

But Tpol played by Jolene
Blalock gets my sluggish blood pumping at like 2 cm per hour, or more. Quite a step up from my normal sloth like existence.

Even without the fantasy women though, I think we need to have a goal of the magnitude of achieving some sort of good space program again. Whether it's just going back to the moon, (to stay this time) or to mars and beyond. It would seem to be a goal that has the potential to unite all mankind, if we could only get beyond our petty politics, anger, and greed.

The way things are going, it just might be the last great hope of the human race.

Just my thoughts from the kudzu grotto tonight.

I wonder if women have fantasy's about some of the men of Star Trek.

3 comments:

Jean said...

um... I really liked Warf. The one with the big head of hair and the ridged forehead. Yum.

kdzu said...

You like warriors then? Or was it the hair?

Jean said...

Warriors are a definite turn-on.
Nice hair, whether it be close-cropped or full, another plus. :)