Monday, April 21, 2008

I don't "Grok"

I've hesitated to comment too much on the alleged "child abuse" case in Texas.

One reason is that I have not made myself aware of all the "fact" in the matter. There is so much information and opinion that is being put out by the media that it is difficult to get any sense of the real "facts" in the matter other than over 400 children were forcibly removed from their parents, their homes and their siblings.
I simply do not trust the media or the government to tell us the plain and simple unvarnished truth. They have too much money or power involved to be impartial, in my opinion.

There may be, in the future, a book written that attempts to lay out all the facts, both pro and con, but by then, will anybody care?


Former state District Judge Scott McCown, who handled hundreds of CPS cases while on the bench in Travis County and now heads the Center for Public Policy Priorities, agreed that, legally, it probably doesn't matter whether "Sarah" is a fiction.

The other reason is that I am a member of the religion from which the FLDS split many years ago after the LDS church renounced the practice of plural marriage (Pologamy).

I feel no need to either defend or condemn the members of the FLDS group. There are many different religions in this country..........some of them embrace the practice of cutting off the heads of chickens and goats. I confess I don't care........while I've never eaten goat (to my knowledge) I like chicken........fried, broiled or rotisseried.......perhaps goat is just as good (tastes like chicken).

The overriding concern that I have (and it matters less than nothing whether you agree with me or not) is that an overly powerful government continues to take upon themselves more and more control of our personal lives. They don't give me enough medications to cause me to like that.

If anybody reading this has anything to do with the disposition of my final remains and anybody will spring the money to put up a granite marker...........I want only one word carved thereon.......

Mel Gibson uttered it as the last living act of a tortured dying man in "Braveheart"



Freedom


Hopefully there will be someone in the distant future who still remembers the meaning of the word............and reading it .......will weep, for what once was.

2 comments:

Christian Prophet said...

The movement to free the children is growing.

A conservative blog has suggested formation of FreeTheChildren.org. See:
http://miraclesdaily.blogspot.com/

A Mormon blog has suggested the LDS church not look the other way, and has also pointed out widespread abuse in the Texas Foster Care system. See:
http://dayofpraise.blogspot.com/

Connor Boyack’s petition to free the children now has over 1,700 signatures. See:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/free-the-innocent-flds

If there are criminals, prosecute them. But free the innocent children.

GUYK said...

I have had some problems with this for a variety of reasons...and you are right.

I could care less about how people worship provided they are not hurting me or mine. And I do have some issues about considering a 14 or 15 year old woman a child..most of the public doesn't realize that this is a recent development in history..brought about as much by the unions insisting on child labor laws as anything.

And the fact of the matter is I could care less if a man had a dozen wives provided he can care for all of them and the resulting rugrats...and my tax dollar doesn't go towards supporting them.