Friday, April 11, 2008

It was a simple thing.............

Really I don't ask for much.

Just that everyone do exactly as I tell them.......Or......

Sorry.......actually said what I mean for a moment there.

All I wanted to do was to change the password for my AT&T email account. (couldn't be because I'd forgotten the old one or anything)

Click here........click there.........call customer no service where I connect with Don Carter of Bangladesh or somewhere (and I'm Superman). Who's command of his native language is......
......I'm sure.......perfect. It just doesn't happen to be English.

Well.......he proceeds to take up an hour of my time and gets it where I can no longer connect to the internet and my desktop has disappeared.........WTF. Then He tells me that he has helped me all he can and for me to call some other company and they would fix the problem that he caused. Again.......WTF?

So I call customer no service again.........This time I connect with a pleasant young lady from Alabama........who although she went to Auburn I still think had to be the epitome of southern womanhood. Not only is she knowledgeable......but she quickly understands the problem and doesn't ask me to disconnect this or that or shut off the computer. No she simply and quickly ascertained the problem and led me step by step through the steps to fix it.

Problem solved..........and to the dismay of the rest of the world.......I can once again peek into the minds and hearts of politicians and confirm once again that we would be better off with a choice on the ballot "NONE OF THE ABOVE".

Many people are asking for God to Bless the USA. I sure hope he is listening and doesn't require us to press one for english.

2 comments:

Jean said...

God bless southern womanhood and intelligence!

Larry, the last two lines of this post should be on billboards and bumperstickers everywhere... love it!

LBJ said...

I recently closed my Linens and Things (bed/bath/kitch type store) account. When I tried to pay my bill online and had troubles I called their customer service. Not sure what country it was, but the person's grasp of English was bad to the point they could not help me. When I sent the card to them cut in pieces I told them I only have charge cards where the customer support speaks English.

Had the same problem with my Sirius radio in a new car. It woulnd't work, I'd call, trying to see if when loading the signal as a new customer, the radio had to be on or off or what. The problem was, the person could only quotes snippets from a book. They could not answer a question. So everything I asked, simple things, was met by "thanks for calling us, have you tried our online website". "Thank you, do you like the product". . they weren't HEARING me. I felt pretty good when I sold the vehicle and they asked "were you happy with the service?" To which I replied. . "^&#*@ &#*@ NO!. . you people are reason they put the CUSS in Customer support. ." to which they replied. "Thank you for calling, have you tried our online website?

arghhh