Friday, September 29, 2006

Why I love my dogs

Someone probably sent me this in an email a while back, and I present it for your consideration.........


Dog philosophy.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he
wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
-Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die
I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy
licking your face.
Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you
more than he loves himself.
Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than

the average person.
Andy Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare,
space we can spare
and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all.
It's the best deal man has ever made.
M. Acklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies,
quite unlike people, who are incapable of
pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
Sigmund Freud

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members
of a weird religious cult.
-Rita Rudner

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance,
and to turn around three times before lying down.
Robert Benchley

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes
like never washed a dog.
Franklin P. Jones

If I have any beliefs about immortality,
it is that certain dogs I have known
will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
James Thurber

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting
enough exercise.
Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy
because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.
That's almost $21.00 in dog money.
Joe Weinstein

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us?
I mean, here we come back from a grocery
store with the most amazing haul -- chicken,
pork, half a cow.
They must think we're the greatest hunters
on earth!
Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and
get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him
prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the
principal difference between a dog and
Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog,
and the dog will give you a look that says,
'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought
of that!'
Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three
biscuits in you pocket and give him only two of them.
-Phil Pastoret

My goal in life is to be as good of
a person my dog already thinks I am.

....A man once told me that if you have 5 true friends in your whole life, that you could consider yourself lucky.

This same man, a man I considered my best friend in the world, today severed that friendship. It seems that lucre is more important.

Pardon me while I pull the kudzu up over my head for a while. My dalmation will dig me out eventually, licking on my chin and whining.

2 comments:

Jean said...

May you find comfort in the kudzu
and then come back to your friends here.

Rantin' Ron said...

I appreciate your comments on my blog. You give me entirely too much praise but...Thanks. Unless of course you're being a smartass! If you are yankin' my chain....good for you!I'm glad I visited here..I'll be blogrolling you.

I hate that you lost a friend but...as you well know...true friends are more rare than bad dogs!

Damn! I think I just made that up....maybe I am brilliant! LOL.