Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My tiny hiney.........

........at least compared to my belly, is dragging tonight.

I drove over to close to Columbia, SC today and then back. A person should have a chauffeur driven limousine to make a trip like that. Especially when suffering from a displaced atlas bone which causes stiffness in the neck and all down the left side.

I don't see how over the road truckers can do it day after day. May be why yellow jackets are so popular at interstate truck stops. One day and I'll be dragging for a week. And I'll have to spend most of the day tomorrow watching the granddaughter while the wife visits her mother in the hospital. I'm gonna block the door and make sure she has a lot of toys and her bottle exactly on time. Wish me luck.

What, you may well ask, possessed me to go over that far and back in one day.

Just a little detective work in seeking an answer to whether truths are being spoken in effort to become a SRF like Denny. What one man can do, another man can do. (I've wanted to use that line since I first heard it in the movie The Edge.)
Anthony Hopkins kicks ass.

By the way, if you want to see a pretty place, Lake Murry just NW of Columbia is as pretty a lake as you'll want to see. You just have to ignore all of the development around it. Blue as the sky today even though it was mostly cloudy. Just really nice. Back in the '20's it had the largest earthen dam in the world.

Well, as I was saying, a rough day and tonight will be better thru chemicals. Just waiting for them to kick in.

People go their whole lives sometimes, lamenting about how they would accomplish great things if only their ship would come in. Hell, how can you not see the opportunities all around you. Instead of looking for the one why not open your eyes and see all the ones around you.

Opportunity doesn't come just once regardless of what any poet has to say.

Just my view, here in the kudzu grotto.

1 comment:

Jean said...

wow... talk about a poem that makes one think!

Hope the chemicals help the ache... and, good luck with the granddaughter tomorrow.