Monday, April 16, 2007

Well now............

`.................I guess I could post something about the atrocity up in VA.
I'll probably ruminate on that little incident for a while, worrying at it like a Yorkie gnawing an elephant's leg bone.

Instead I think I'll post about my youngest granddaughter. That OK? Well tough titty. It's my blog and I'll post about what I want to.

10 months old now, she is. Quite a handful. Smart as a whip and stubborn as a North Georgia Mule. Kinda like the irresistible force. And for her, there are no immovable objects.

She can crawl like a greased ell, but would rather hold on to your fingers and walk.

She loves her grandmother (nanny) like I love chocolate. Oh she'll tolerate some one else when she's here, but only if she chooses to.

Naps.......ha, those are for lesser mortals than she. So tired she's whining and pulling at her ears........she'll shake her head........no, no, no, no, no. Trying to fight it off as long as possible. That's when I'll pick her up in the crook of my right arm, settle into the rocking easy chair and sing soft into her ear. It also helps if she has her pink bunny with the tail pull activated music box to hold onto..

It only plays e i e i o, and I could sing about dogs barking and pigs oinking, or cows mooing and it was like morphine to a gut shot victim . But no more, today I had to make up a song with her name in it. Hearing her name would cause her to listen, which stops the struggle, and it's all down hill from there.

It's a nice interlude. I get her to sleep and myself all at the same time. Generally good for about an hour, then her internal clock screams "Wake the heck up". It keeps her looking young but doesn't help me in that dept. at all......at all.

Sorry for the lack of posting. I'm contemplating my navel, and the lint.....unlike tea leaves, tell me not a thing.

I suppose I could let you look at her...............




6 comments:

US said...

I'll claim her as family any day!! She's beautiful, tell her mama I said so.

Jean said...

Wow!... that is one beautiful baby! (Grandpa ain't no slouch, either :))

k said...

OH, that's BEAUOOOOOOOOtiful!!!

ahhhhhh...

kdzu said...

You know, when I first saw that picture and started posting about her, I got the most amazing feeling of peace. It surrounded me as if an angel had been sent from heaven especially to let me feel what love truly feels like. I've only felt that a few times, and each is indelibly imprinted on my memory.

Jean said...

It's like the world, in that picture, consists of only you and her and your unconditional love for each other. Truly completely beautiful.

k said...

Yes.

I can't stop looking at it.