Friday, May 11, 2007

Playing

.
Playing Alchemist today. You should see my fingertips. Stained all purple and gold and red.

Wouldn't it be a kick to be able to achieve the dream of ages.........to turn a base lackluster metal such as lead or tin into that passion of Midas. Gold.

I saw a replica of the twin towers in New York rendered in 18 kt gold and all the windows were princess cut diamonds. Took 48 ounces of gold and of diamonds no total was given. Lets just guess that it took a bunch. Little Indian lady goldsmith put it together in her spare time. Some hobby huh? Makes my waxing of the old mustache seem tame by comparison.

Gold of course has been an object of desire for millennia now. The Isrelites were told to carry out of Egypt all the gold and other loot they could carry. Goldfinger in the Bond movie painted his girl friend all in gold. Gangstas put gold caps over their teeth and wear enough chains to prevent them from fleeing the scene of the crime by swimming the river. Buddhas in temples are made of gold. The Georgia Capitol building dome is coated in leaf gold.

And does all this ostentation enrich us at all, at all??


Update: At current market price of gold the Buddha is worth approx. 100 million US $

2 comments:

Neoma said...

I remember that movie about Goldfinger, but didn't it kill her, painting her all in gold. I don't remember it all that well, haha

I saw the title RED HILL KUDZU, and I said to myself, THAT person lives in Georgia......and I was right. haha I also live in Kudzu country over some pretty red dirt.......

kdzu said...

Goldfinger did indeedie kill the girl. Not his usual thing in the original novels he would leave the backbone unpainted, have his perverted way with them and send them on their way. But this one betrayed him with Bond, James Bond.

I used to live on 73 acres just north of Red Hill, but now live near Athens where the dirts is still red, full of rocks and poor (pronounced POUR) as gully dirt.

Welcome, thanks for dropping by. Come back often.