Saturday, August 25, 2007

Balance

.
There must be some kind of system that keeps things in balance in this ol' world.
Something that will remind a person that for every up there is a down.
My last post was about a person who was down while I was on the up. (Or so I thought)

But I've learned that the pawnshop owner (the husband half) is dying with inoperable brain cancer. My wife's brother in law who was supposed to have surgery on his throat for cancer Tuesday will have to wait because now his carotid artery is enlarged for some reason, causing additional stress on him and his wife. And just now I received a call from a friend who's daughter in law drowned at Myrtle Beach SC, and they pulled the plug this morning.

Sorta puts some of my wants into a lesser order of importance and makes me a little pensive.

Sorry to be on a downer, but, if you have a moment, send up a small prayer for these folks and remember to give thanks for your own blessings.

2 comments:

Jean said...

so much bad news. I'm so sorry.

Sending prayers and counting my blessings... of which, you are one.

Anonymous said...

Larry, you are one of my treasured blessings. My prayers are with you and the brother in law. Love ya.