Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Prayer request

.
I'd like all of you to consider giveing up a few words of prayer for 3 of my nephews. Two are in Iraq, and one in basic training. This needless to say is a cause of concern for my sister and brother in law. They could also use a few words.

As a veteran I have a little feel for what the boys are doing, but can only imagine what the parents deal with.

I'm proud of all our service men and women, but especially my nephews. Below is just a little of the email my BIL sent me.



******* called last night - talked about "opportunity" to extend his time in Iraq.

He would be moving to another post/camp/FOB, working with an engineering co. at their aide station and more time on the ground with the troups as one of their medics (this would be in Rhamadi).

He originally thought he could extend just to December.

Called again this morning - if he takes extension it would be till next June (2008).

He is seriously considering this.

We will keep you folks updated on his decision.

... this ain't gettin any easier... ******* is putting on great airs of being strong but the stress is taking it's toll... pray for her continued strength (and for me that I try to be the best husband that I can be in this time). I know she' wouldn't want me to mention anything other than the boys' needs - and, I covet your payers for them... But, also remember all of the mothers this is and will impact as well. Juanita will be a "three blue mother" in a few weeks here as **** finishes basic (Mothers sending that many off to war is something the nation hasn't seen a lot of since WW-II) ... she's a remarkable woman.

3 comments:

LL said...

Done.

And many thanks to you and your family.

Jean said...

good thoughts going out for all of you and yours.

k said...

Yes, kdzu.