Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What......................

.
...................would you do for a Klondike bar??

Not much, if this evening is to be any judge. Although to tell the truth I did drag my sorry behind out of the easy chair wherein I had parked it to crawl to the freezer and fetch my own.

Where I had flopped after a supper of pinto beans, cornbread, a slice or two of onion and 1 1/2 pork chops. This after a loooooong day of climbing up and down a set of stairs and a short ladder painting a bedroom and living room in a condo rehab I got suckered into helping on.

Still the heavy lifting of hanging the sheet rock and finishing and painting it lies ahead.

I tell ya, I'm getting toooooo old for this kinda stuff. I tried to talk Don into hiring a crew to hang the sheet rock. Oh no that didn't go over once he heard they wanted $400.00.

I'm not gonna get paid enough to cover my gas going back and forth, but right about now I would pay that $400 just to get this job over with. Can't confuse me about what a job is worth.

Ya'll pray for me. I'm off for a long cool shower and we'll just have to see if I have the strength to rant on anything tonight.

Hiding and cowering in the kudzu hoping no one wants me to carry the trash out.

3 comments:

Jean said...

My goodness, I hope you got some well deserved rest, dear man.

My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. Klondike now has a mint ice cream bar!!! oh, yum. yum. yum. yum.

Kat said...

(((hugs)))) Take care of yourself... rest as best you can.

Anonymous said...

.. I tell you, brother... it's hard to beat pinto beans, cornbread, and a diced-up onion..... good god...

Eric