Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Recently

The Supreme Court of the land rendered the Correct Decision on whether the 2 Amendment to the Constitution gives individuals the right to keep and bear arms.

But don't start cheering too loudly..............especially in this day of CCTV camera coverage of damn near anywhere you want to go. You never can tell whose data base you are in.

I mean come on.............5 to 4 in favor. Has anybody checked the brain function of the dissenting 4 judges. You can be kept alive almost indefinitely by machines but you need some brain activity to keep them from pulling the plug right after the harvested your sphincter to keep some old guy from shitting on himself. That's the problem with lawyers...........they'll twist even the plainest wording to suit their client or own point of view.

In my opinion there can be no mistaking the intention of the founding fathers if you can read on at least a 5th grade level.

My own feelings are along the lines of Charlton Heston.

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hand"

Not that I have any of those evil instruments of destruction and mayhem.

So acting in accordance with 5 of the justices, today I went and looked at a couple of items that may be banned forever by the future court if the dimocrits have their way.

First off a Marling Golden 39A .22 cal lever action described by some as one of the best of it's kind.

Golden 39 A

Next a Chinese SKS in 7.62 X 39 mm

SKS

Originally I'd gone looking at about 8 items but the party wouldn't come off the very high price for mainly pedestrian shotguns and rifles so I countered back by asking what they'd take for these two. They really were the two best items, although clearly the guy didn't know it. So if I had bought them I'd have gotten a deal. But of course I don't own any fire arms. That would be just too politically incorrect, even for me.

Tree rats......... and other type of vermin............look out.

No comments: