Sunday, January 18, 2009

Classify this!

It seems that I have spent most of my adult life trying to figure out where I fit in exactly.....and seem no closer to having an answer than at any other time in which I engage in a bit of navel gazing (the belly button kind, not watching ships at the port in Savannah).

Husband, father, son, brother, smart, stupid, Soldier, aviator, world traveler, dairyman, cow inseminator (artifically ya perverts), farmer, redneck, real estate mogul, former foreclosed upon real estate mogul, explosive expert....well really I just packed what I thought was enough dynamite in the holes and let it rip...with sometimes unfortunate consequences.......(Honest boss I thought the curb would look better on the other side of the street), house builder (most of which still stand) reluctant advocate for selling people who really needed a job more life insurance they didn't want and wouldn't pay for, killer of trees both evergreen and decidious, cutter of same into boards that were almost smooth, finder of lost, forgotten and unwanted treasures, seller of some and hoarder of others that serve no useful purpose The trail has led to some unexpected places of pleasure and others of pain.

This weekend found me working at some of the latest insanity.....taking pictures of and posting items for sale on eBay. The mix seems to follow the path already worn in that it is an eclectic mix of things. To wit......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110338909264

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&item=110338976630

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&item=110339707090

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&item=110339627058

There should be a time when a man decides what he wants to be when he grows up. I reckon I've still a little more growing up to do. On the other hand....in another 143 years when I'm ready to shed this skin....maybe heaven will need a handyman. Either that or I'll wind up just one more stoker of the fires in Hades. Maybe I can install some air conditioning.

Sorry, I guess you'll have to do a bit of copying and pasting on the links. Suck it up.....I'm not the PEBO......I'm not going to do everything for you.

2 comments:

Jean said...

'....not going to do everything for you.'

Bwahahahahaha! good one :-)

k said...

Grandpa. You forgot Grandpa.

You're still #1 on my list of Greatest Grandparent/Grandkid pix.

It matters. OH, the way that little one was looking at you...!