Thursday, January 01, 2009

Here at last

Let's hope that 2009 has a lot of goodies in store for us.

I rang in the new year last night about 9:30 in the traditional way...Wish it was more than once a year...........just kidding.

The wife cooked a huge pot of Collard greens and another huge pot of blackeyed peas yesterday......then today after they were safely ensconced in the freezer we went down to the SIL's and ate their peas and collards. No ham hocks though.........had a delicious rotisserie yard hen for the protein portion. Served with a lovely vintage.....well really, stirred together today, lemonade.......we chowed down till a little more than full.

Hope we can afford to eat so well next New Years Day.

I'll not bore you with prognostications of the future, nor with wildly unattainable goals for the coming annual circuit around Sol.

I'll just say that I'm gonna do whatever I can to make sure me and mine are warm and well clothed in 2009. If that involves actually going out and looking for what we need......so be it.......damned if I'm gonna wait for the idiots on the Potomac to dictate what I should do or tell me how much they feel my pain.

I bought some scrap on the last day of 2008, which will ensure that there was no profit to be shown on the 1040 so they can suck wind over getting anything more than sales and fuel taxes outa me, and I'm gonna do everything I can to do the same in this year. Maybe I will buy a bit more precious metal for the SKS, the Marlin .22, the Franchi .20 guage and some of the other bits of antique iron works I don't have.

Let's make this the year we pass The Fair Tax bill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... dude, you've got a Franchi?!?...... that rocks.....

Eric