Monday, December 31, 2007

11:02 and counting down

Soon complete strangers will be kissing each other on the streets of Times Square if you would believe the popular media. Hell, I hope so. There is a need for more kissing in the world.

Fire works are beginning to pop around here, although we still have nearly and hour in the old year. It just sounded like someone knocked at the front door, and as I went to answer it with my Hi-Power held just behind my hip, I realized as I opened it that it was fireworks. I strolled around anyway, just for the hell of it. It never hurts for the neighbors to see that someone is awake and alert.

2007 has been a roller coaster ride in many ways........struggling to remain afloat for most of the year to reaching a point where at least the necessities are assured for the foreseeable future is a good feeling. We've been blessed indeed.. I've got a shop/storage building to put most of my stuff in. I won't have to sleep with the dog in her plastic barrel lined with straw if I really screw up. I can clean off a shelf and wrap up in the two sleeping bags out there if necessary. Even have a hot plate.....but I'd have to raid the house for something to cook on it.
The piddling I do to bring in a few bucks has really picked up the last couple of months. Hopefully i'll keep enough of a head of steam up to keep moving down that track.

I've written more this year than before. A little less crazy ranting and hopefully a few cogent thoughts. I really have to thank all of you who drop by for visiting and occasionally commenting. I see you out there........even occasionally a visitor from other countries. I wonder what they think in China or Norway when they stop by here. It'd be wonderful to start communicating with other countries residents and learn of what they are thinking.

We've been subjected to political campaigning from numerous candidates for president of the U.S. in 2007. I look forward to that being over with so we can get down to complaining about the final result in 2009. And you know we will........rather you know I will, because I intend to exercise my franchise and encourage all of you to do the same. Oh you can complain if you don't vote........but we'll just consider you a hypocrite if you do.


So Thanks to all of you out there in the blogosphere. God Bless us all.

Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Fireworks here tonight, too.
It's been a good year in a lot of ways, my friend. I'm glad you were a part of my little world.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Larry!!

Kat said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

May your patch of kudzu flourish in every good way this new year.

k said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR KUDZU!!!

Every time I drive by some kudzu now, I think of you. Driving home from the Way Far North, I did that over and over. Kudzu is truly beautiful.

I love the new look of your blog - new for 2007 I mean. It's really nice. Gorgeous pic.

I like it. I like to hear things are getting better for you financially, too. We've been working on it ourselves and soon, I think, things will be changing up some.

Happy 2008 to you, kudzu. Thanks for being here.