Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Full .....Full ......Full....

We've arrived back safely and a little bushed, but filled with the joy that a good time shared with family and friends will give you.

Gifts were exchanged...wrapping paper, boxes and kids with toys all over the floor. Even the pooch received his own stocking stuffed with goodies.

Much food was consumed...turkey breast deep fried in peanut oil...moist and delicious...ham, Elk tenderloin, deviled eggs, potato salad, all those things that make a wonderful feast. Topped off with CAKES & Pies & Cookies & banana Pudding made from scratch (two big bowls). All this blessed by our 4th grand child Lee, who did a masterful job of it, with only a little whispered help from Grandpa.

Oh Yeah! Kudos to the eldest Daughter for baking me a Japanese Fruit cake. I wondered why I was having a hard time getting the wife to look up the recipe so I could post it. They didn't want anyone else to make me one. Four layers tall it was. So high the cake plate cover wouldn't fit by at least an inch. 3/4s of it returned home with me. There goes my diet. Well there is always next year.

Through it all we were blessed with the most wonderful sweet spirit. A gift from the greatest gift of all.

1 comment:

Jean said...

A blessed and blissful holiday... sounds perfect.

I, however, should never, ever eat again. *groan*