Thursday, December 20, 2007

Counting down

.
Not long now boy and girls...........Soon the Jolly old elf, Santa Clause hisownself will be paying a visit to every girl and boy. At least that's what all the retailers would have you believe. 98 more hours to go........have you finished your shopping and preparing?
On the other hand Christian Churches across the land are having or preparing to have programs devoted to showing how Christ was born in a cattle shed and then laid in a manger where shepards and wise men came to pay him homage...........completely ignoring that it was more likely spring (maybe April)when he was born, and if the Star started shining when he was born the the Wise Men would have had to travel weeks if not months to come from maybe Persia or areas around Iran or Iraq to see the child.
But don't worry about revisionist history.........the child Emanuel is the point of the story.............a gift to mankind.

I love this time of the year. Cool weather.......even a little ice in the water bucket of a morning.....always makes us think that there is just a chance we'll see a white Christmas here in NE Georgia. The neighbor borrowed my ladder to hang lights along the eves on the front of his house (after much threatening from his wife). So far I haven't seen them burning........maybe they'll wait till Christmas Eve.

All my moneys are spent, I'm at the mercy of the weather and the Fed Ex deliveries until after the big day, and then another looong weekend for New Years.

So I'll be spending a lot of time roaming the blogosphere, reading about all the festivities around the country and listening to classic Christmas songs on youtube.com. I'm too cheap to actually go out and buy the CDs or anything.

So I think I'll post one of what I listen to hear each night. You will have likely heard it 10 times the day before.......but I'll tell you a secret..............I'm doing this for me.......'cause I love Christmas.

Let's try a little Sinatra, shall we?



Dang,......now I want some Egg Nog and it's to late to go to the store.

No comments: