Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The wages of Sin

.
Well I really don't know how much they pay.......but every one is always talking about it from the pulpit. I mean Jimmy Swaggart probably gave a thousand sermons on the importance of fidelity to one's wife and then goes out and hires a hooker or two. Did they cut his salary? Probably gave him a raise for temporarily increasing the number of people who tuned in to his broadcasts.......if only to point a self righteous finger or two at him.

The sin I'm speaking of thought is the sin of GLUTTONY.........

Really it's not my fault. People kept giving me chocolate kisses and Herseys dark chocolate bars (Love the dark chocolate), bags of pistachios (another real weakness), Cans of cashews, cookies, pies, bowls of home made banana pudding.......

Whewwwwwwwwwww.......... if I were Catholic I'd go say a mess of Hail Mary's or something, cause I do believe all that consuming has about caught up with me. Goooooooddddd thing I don't drink on top of all that. The projectile vomiting would not be a pretty sight to behold.

As soon as I get down off this sugar high and the blood pressure returns to something resembling normal, I'll have to hunker down and make up a bunch of New Years resolutions to never do any of this again. Ha! like that would do any good. I'll just do as always and blame my need for sweets on low blood sugar.

Hoping all your stomachs have started returning to normal.. We could take a clue from the pooch........go out and eat a bunch of grass.....

2 comments:

AspergantuS said...

Larry, Jean sent me over here to wish you a Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year... in that order.
Hope you had a good one and a good year coming up.

***Peace***

Mick

kdzu said...

Thanks Mick, and the same to you and yours. Come back again anytime.