Thursday, February 01, 2007

Reporting in.

I said that I would report if any of my congress critters called me, or wrote in reply to my angry emails to them.

I'm sorry to have to report that I got a call from Sen. Saxby Chambliss's office today. Needless to say not from him, but a flunky.

He allowed as how the Senator was disappointed in what happened at the Capitol building. Disappointed , not angry, not mad, not concerned that lawbreakers we allowed to deface govt property. (although on reflection maybe that is something more of us should be doing even down to the local level).

No, just disappointed. I asked him if anyone up there was going to do anything to insure that it would not happen again. Well, "no".

The older I get the more I think back to one of the principals of lazzire faire' style governing. "That government that governs least, governs best".

I'm tired of the government trying to regulate everything we do in this country today. Want to start a business....... gotta get the proper forms and permits. Gonna build a house...........gotta get an environmental impact study and the proper form and permits, submit them in quadreplacits and we'll get back to you in our own sweet time. How long before, like china, we have to get a permit to have more than one child, before we have to carry the proper permits and forms to travel around the country. Before we have to carry a card that permits us to use our own money.
Oh, and heaven forbit that someone wants to carry around a thousand $'s or more in his or her pocket. Why, they must be a part of the dreaded illegal drug gangs that run rampant over the highways and byways. 'Oh we'll just that that from you so that you can't use it to by drugs, even if there is no evidence of that, and you'll have to crawl thru hell and broken bottles to try to prove that it's your money and you are not a criminal, which everyone knows you are, cause we keep passing new laws and regulations every day so that you are bound to break one or more.

Anywho, that's my report of how our elected officials don't care about addressing the concerns of the hoi' poloi. But, they will call you just to show you how very much they care.

No comments: