Sunday, March 25, 2007

As I sit.............

...........in front of a blank page

and search for my muse......
and the right words to use....
to open my heart....
I succeed only in part...

the doors which are locked.....
.......are also blocked....

and the bands which bind....
the pain which I hide...
seem stronger than steel.....
and bend not to my will...

I look with longing......
to those who are belonging...
to ones who are held.....
by others..their souls to meld......

and I yearn to be free...
of the chains which bind me..
and keep hidden within...
all my ugly past sins...

perhaps I'll try...
transcendental meditation...
instead of the doc's...
chemical medication.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Obviously, your muse is right there at your shoulder... and very proud. Sad, painful, beautiful.

(you know better than to forego the meds all at once, as tempting as it may be.)

Anonymous said...

You made goose bumps crawl up my back and into my hair.

*hug*

kdzu said...

Thank you ladies.
I don't miss the medication if I can help it. Unfortunately I seem to be addicted to the lack of pain.
Of course that doesn't help when I hit my finger with a hammer.