Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh how I love .......

....to drive to Atlanta in the morning rush hour traffic..

NOT!!!

Thankfully, it's only a couple of times per month. I pity the fools who drive it every day of the work week. I'm glad there were no serious accidents to contend with. I get up at 5:15 in order to leave before 6am to try to miss the heaviest part of the traffic. I don't care if I get there and hour and a half early, just let me miss the heavy traffic. 30 minutes later will get me there an hour later at the earliest.

When I ran the dairy farm all I had to do was step out the door and I was at work. I would average less than 7000 miles on the pickup truck a year. Now I average between 30 and 45,000 miles a year. At least most of it is outside of the big cities. A friend once told me I work harder at not having a job than most people did with a job. I've tried it a few times. I'm just not a good employee. I prefer to boss others around, even if it is only me, myself and I. The pay is the pits though.

Another hint for the previous question.

The gentleman in question took 57 cents and turned it into over $200,000.00. and from that small beginning founded one of the most prestigious universities in the eastern United States as well as a renowned hospital.

One more day in the life of a kudzu dweller.

No comments: