Tuesday, May 06, 2008

All the way home

I was just reminded of the children's poem "This little piggy". Especially the line about the little piggy that squealed all the way home.
Don't really know why since the trip home from Augusta was very comfortable. For the most part I was alert and in no pain. Certainly no squealing.

The tooth extraction( I use the term cutting out) went hopefully as planned.

Don had asked me yesterday if I was nervous and I replied, "not in the least".
And oddly that was true. When I sat down in the Dentist's chair and they put the blood pressure cuff on me, it was a nice 117 over 70 with a pulse of 62 where it stayed through out. Result of (I think) the fact that I've never had bad Doctoring at the VA.

Still in no pain, although, I have taken a good long nap.

The worst part was that Bonnie had left a Beef Roast in the crock pot cooking and she and the old grump had that with rice and gravy and the other items for supper.
I'll you'll be proud to know have stuck to the plan and just finished a can of Slimfast. Chocolate and cool.........what's not to like.

Aside from the looking like a chipmunk from the gauze packing in my mouth, and my lower lip looking like "Bubba" from "Forest Gump", (no there will not be pictures) things seem to be fine. Later in the evening I will take a good dose of prescribed pain medication and see how the night goes.

Now, if I do have to have the rotor cuff repaired down the road, we'll see how that goes. Hopefully physical therapy will head off that possibility.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Glad you are home and comfortable.