Friday, May 23, 2008

SOMETHING TO GET BEHIND!!!!!! Lower gas prices

.I'm not sure I like it......
...........but Auto Zone has my transmission in today. $1600.00 that I wish I hadn't had to spend, with the installation still to come. That will be another $350.00.
Might as well call it 2K and be done with it.

The good news is that soon I and my beloved lil' Red will be back on the road again.

The bad news is that I've begun to get used to the Buick's rather more generous gas mileage of 29.5 MPG. That is about 13.5 more miles per gallon than the truck. With gas knocking on the door of $4.00 per gallon it will take a little readjusting at the gas pump.

With a 15 gallon tank on the Buick vs 27 gallon tank on the Dodge Ram........you can figure for yourself the additional hit to the wallet. On the good side......when the truck gas gage starts it's bleating for more and the light is flashing.......I've got at least 5 gallons in the tank. When the Buick starts to beeping........you'd be well advised to pull in to the nearest gas station. It had just got to that point the other day and it took 15 gallons to fill up. That means it was just about to leave me walking on the side of the road. Fickle bitch .

I may have to figure out how to borrow the Buick once in a while though.

It'll be a few days before the installation is completed. I'll still get to ride the Buick a few more days.

With that being said, I'd be surprised if many of you had not been considering what we can do about these high gas prices.

I, as has been documented at this Kudzu Grotto (KG), have been a little critical of our elected servants in the Nut House on the Potomac (NHotP) in the past. It takes a tremendous amount of heat from the little matches back at home to add up to enough to get them to listen to us (US). That being said though......there is an effort at American Solutions to show them the light. Take a few moments to go to HERE
and add your name to the thousands who have already signed the petition.

If you do this it may not mean a reduction in gas prices in the immediate future..
.....but, I'll just bet you it will make a few of them take notice and begin to think outside the box of blaming someone else for their problems, and making asses of themselves on national television by showing their ignorance of economic reality to the world. I'll bet the oil cartel is rolling on the floor laughing and gasping for air. Would that we had a stranglehold on that necessary commodity.

Let me know how many of you actually sign up.

No comments: