Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tits up

That's where the transmission in the big Red Dodge Ram went this morning on the north bypass around Athens.

Just quit........no warnings........one minute pulling me along at a comfortable 60 MPH and the next.....nothing. No forward.....no reverse.....Nothing. Of course with my remarkable reflexes I was able to steer the 3 ton beast off at Chase St. exit.

Called a friend who recommended a good garage here in town......arranged for a tow...
....called home to prep the wife to come get me.....and sat there for about an hour and a half until the rollback got there.

I want to scream and shout and pull my hair.....but to tell the truth... on a Dodge I probably got 150,000 more miles than is normal on it. Just came at a very poor time to leave me walking.

Of course right in the middle of trying to get off at the exit Don called on the cell phone, jabbering about how we needed to maybe carry some product down to hotlanta and how soon could I get there.....and on and on and on while I'm trying to get him to shut up so I can tell him MY troubles. Finally I just started shouting Hello! hello! as loud as I could and he hung up cause he thought I was in a bad cell. I swear I'm gonna wring his old turkey neck one of these days.

Don is one of those guys who is always telling you about the great executive jobs he's had and how he took over failing country clubs and turned them around and sold out for big money.....on.....and on....and on. The question I have is "If he's so damn smart and all, why is he bumming money off of me"? It's similar to the question that the wife always thinks, but is too soft hearted to ask me, "If you're so damn smart, why ain't you rich?"
He don't have any better answer than me. Of course me and the bank own the house we're living in and until the Xmission went out I didn't owe anything on the truck and I do have a little put back that I try to turn once or twice a month.
Oh yeah.......I'm better looking, even if I don't dye my hair. He bums money to pay the rent and electric on the ol' mo-bile home he lives in......and he's always needing a ride somewhere.

Ah well......at least ranting about all this keeps me from putting up things about politics or economics, which nobody wants to talk about anyway.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

Jean said...

aw, geez.....so sorry about the truck. Gave me flashbacks to my return from Tennessee.
Hope it's a quick fix.

Anonymous said...

hi kiddo, hope you will still get to WV
love ya

kdzu said...

Don't know at this time Mel. Hadn't counted on the Xmission conking out.

GUYK said...

I have put as much as 300,000 miles on those Dodge truck trannies..never had any problems excepting seals leaking after a couple hundred thousand miles.

BUt the new ones with all the computer stuff in them may be different..I try to trade about every four years so I want have to find out