Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The sky is falling.........

.
,...........TheSky is falling.

The only thing on the boob tube is talk of the terrible weather, and the wife and ol' grump are glued to it like out of date forever stamps on an empty envelope.

It just started to rain lightly here.......although the clouds and rumbling have been moving in for a while.

The pooch is so screwed up about it he doesn't know whether to fart or go blind.

I want to strip naked and run out into the back yard and yell at the sky. Sorta like that guy with no legs in "Forest Gump" during the hurricane. I probably won't though. There is a leash law here in Clarke county.

Let the cleansing waters stream over my body washing all my sins and stains away. And if the "Guy in the Sky" decides that the next bolt of lightning should rid the neighbor hood of that crazy white guy............bring it on.......I have no idea about tomorrow other than going to Augusta to have the back of my mouth checked to see if the wisdom teeth have grown back...............and less regrets about yesterday.

There is a freedom about the rain.............It falls on the just and the unjust. The ultimate non-discrimination factor.

We just got a brief brisk downpour and the dog is running hither and yon. I think I'll lay back on the couch with a good book and lose myself for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had some nasty rain & hail here in Loganville, but nothing too serious. Glad y'all are OK!

LBJ said...

Great post. Growing up on the Oregon coast rain was more familiar to me than sky, Then college in Seattle, more rain. I tell people I'm really blonde but it rusted.