Monday, May 05, 2008

Whatta day

Did you ever sit down at the keyboard and reflect on the day past.
I do tonight. Maybe I'll work some of the kinks out of my neck and back by typing about it and letting go of the frustrations.
Actually the morning started off really well.........well, if you ignore the fact that I had cold cereal for breakfast. Crunchy bunches of oats clusters with honey does not a meal make. At least not one that will stick to your ribs like a couple of hen apples, some country ham, fresh hot cats head biscuits with butter, or even better, with redeye gravy poured over them till saturated, then topped with good strong Sorghum syrup.......all washed down with a tall glass of milk.....or a pot of strong coffee if you're less a man than I and need a jumpstart to the day.

Well, I got a little distracted thinking of that breakfast.......which I didn't have.
.......but wish I had.

A nice nap for 15 minutes or so after posting all last weeks entries onto quickbooks and paying a few lst of the month bills, helped to ease the stress of spending money I'd rather have kept for a little longer. Oh well, it's not worth much anyway. That's a good reason to trade as much of it for gold as you can if you intend to save any. Of course one must buy that metal right or you might have to hold it for a long time before it increases in value.

I called the VA dental clinic to cancel my teeth cleaning which was set up for Friday. After having 3 wisdom teeth (they never seemed to help me any) cut out tomorrow........I'll probably not feel up to getting them cleaned then.

Why do they call them wisdom teeth anyway. They come in at about the time a person is at their absolute least wise. Maybe because it would be wise to have them removed while young and their roots haven't wrapped around your jawbone like a vine. If I come home tomorrow without a broken jaw I'll consider myself in good shape.

Hopefully they will provide lots of nice pain relieving medication both during and after the torture.....er....I mean....procedure. I'll have to have an adult accompany me to drive me the 2 hours home.

Anybody in the area of the Medical school of Georgia School of Dentistry around 10 in the morning drop by and say hi........I'm sure the staff won't mind. Bring some chips and drinks and we'll make a party of it. Just make sure the Doctors don't have any of the hard stuff. If you see any of the Dental hygiene female students or female Doctor contestants invite them in also. I saw a couple I'd like to see more of last week when I went to my pre-cutting exam.

Why is it that some people just seem to go out of the way to do things in a different way than you tell them........and will run their mouth all the while you are trying to give them instructions or advice.

I had to drive 40 minutes to Hartwell this evening and then back just because Don wouldn't listen to what I was telling him over the phone. I had to threaten to kick his ass or close down our little venture completely if he didn't shut up and pay attention. By the time I left........after writing down each step I wanted him to take tomorrow my back was knotted up like an old post oak tree. Thank God for all the medication the VA has me on. At least I didn't try to cut his throat......this
time.

Like I say......ya'll drop by if you are in the area tomorrow. Failing that Pray for the Doctors and my wife who will have to drive me home and live with me for the next few days.

I'm gonna stock up on slim fast and straws until I can eat solid food once again. Might even lose a few lbs to go along with the lost teeth and blood.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Larry... hoping the drugs are good and the females are pretty and attentive.

You patience with Don is saintly...sheesh.

kdzu said...

Oh Believe me Jean, I was far from saintly. I wanted to wring his scrawny neck till his dyed black hair turned white and his eyes rolled back in his head.