Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tick Tick, Tock Tock

Both of the pocket watches hanging from the wire shelf above the computer here are doing their thing......springs unwinding and cogs and wheels turning....letting me know every time I look over there that bedtime is approaching.

I intend to beat ol' man 2008 to bed and wake up at my customary time......30 minutes after the eggs have gone cold so's I have to zap them in the microwave for 20 seconds.

A new day, a new year ahead of us. What will it bring? I have no idea, but will be willing to bet a buck that at the end of 2009 we'll look back (should we be so lucky as to make it through) and be glad to see the ass end of it also.

May you live in interesting times has been said my more than a few to be a Chinese Curse. Hope that you will all prove that to be wrong in the New Year.

So Happy New Year Friends and relatives. I won't be there to sing 'Auld Lang Syne' and give you a big ol' kiss.........but if I were, I would.....so count yourself Lucky.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Happy New Year, my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Brother dear.
A hug and kiss would be much appreciated. I am sure you don't need a bucket to carry a tune so we could stand to hear you sing also!
love you bunches

Anonymous said...

I too wish you a happy and prosperous new year brother of mine. Hugs and kisses from the Grand We Two in Texas.
PS we have updated our blog.