Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's raining

Seems appropriate......

Later today the Kudzu Wife and I will travel south a couple hours for the viewing of my aunt Mary Lou, my fathers younger sister.
This, just four weeks since we lay my uncle Jim to rest. 
While Jim's passing was expected as he'd had heart problems for several years, aunt Mary Lou's caught me off guard.  At a family reunion three weeks ago she seemed in good spirits and reasonable health.  Of course, she was eighty years old and the heat was a hellish 100 + degrees.  That will wilt anyone's cool and we bustled her into the dining facility where the air conditioning was a blessing.
She and I had talked much of some of her memories of growing up on my Grandfather Oscar's dairy farm and event from her early life.  I had every intention (of which the road to hell is paved) of traveling down to her home to record some family history.
She was preceded in death by her husband Carl, a WWII POW veteran, and one son.  She leaves behind sons and a daughter, Son-in-law and daughter's in law, many grand children, maybe even great grand children for all I know, and many nieces and nephews, especially one who will remember her for her courage in the face of adversity, and a beautiful smile that lit up every place I ever saw her
She will be missed.

No comments: