Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Read this and pass it along

I know how THIS guy feels. And this one . Hopeless, hamstrung, ignored and most of all dishonored by those who sent him.
And they wonder why we come back full of rage, hatred, blind and burning disgust, and an urge to cause harm to worthless REMF's.
We wonder why most people can't see what is as plain as the fists you clench in viscous rage.
We hold in our tears, we make jokes about it, but we don't forget. We can't. We won't.
I think the epitath I'd like put on my tombstone is........

I TOLD YOU SO!

That way, someone 200 or 300 years from now, if not sooner, will see it and say, "He wasn't quite as crazy as he looked".

Someone, I wish I knew who said, "those who will not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

If you're my age and participated in the late great Southeast Asia War Games, my sympathies for your having to relive history. If you're to young to understand that, find a Viet Vet. If they be of any intelligence, and have a modicum of communication skills, perhaps you'll come away changed. Perhaps you'll begin to see things with wiser eyes.

I'd weep if I thought it would do any good. I'd blow my brains out or set myself on fire, if I thought it would wake a sleeping giant up.

But I'm only a small speck upon this revolving bit of mud in a vast creation. In the long run.........what will it have mattered?

If there is a God, I wonder what he's thinking about his creation man, who stands only a little below the Angels.

The Kudzu is lush and green tonight. At least the velvety leaves can be used to dry my old, red eyes.

No comments: