Sunday, December 03, 2006

What a weekend........

.......first,

leave at 7:30 am to go pick up a used Jag at a pawnshop. Hope I don't wind up burned on this one. Good price though. Should be able to turn for about 100% or so.

........Then carefully drive to gas station for gas (did you know these SOBs have to have premium gas. Thank goodness gas has come down from the highs. $2.28 at WalMart in Commerce.

.......Then,
Race up to former post office where they were holding important mail.....

......Over....
.........To the bank at Ingles ( don't you love the convenience).......

......Pick up 11.5 lb sirloin tip sliced 1/2 nches thick.........

....Race....
.........Back home to put the computer in the shop for virus and software problems (couldn't access HP director to download pictures from camera card).

........hurry home to begin chopping sirloin into 1/2 in sq. cubes......

.....Gonna make ......
.............World famous, Championship chili for company in evening. Two of my sisters and one brother-in-law with his daughter.

Now if I were (I'm not) to give out the recepie for this chili, I'd have to kill you and then commit ritual sepku, in atonement. But I will let you know that the sirloin is one ingrediant, then 5 large yellow onions, chopped (depends on how much meat your cooking), 2 large cans Roteil (white label) chopped tomatoes and peppers.

Cooking time.....till done.

Notice I did not mention any water, or beans.
Nor did I give any hint at super secret spice ingridents. So your safe for the moment.

Race back to the Computer store to pick up fixed computer and printer......
.,..back home to check on Chili, mix up and fry (in a skillet with bacon grease, which is the only way real should be fixed)cornbread.....
....welcome guests and show off Jag to brother-in-law. Engage in plesant conversation until the Chile is ready......

.....Then to table, to listen with modest pride to chorus of appreciation of culinary skills. At which table we also solve all the worlds problems, to include, wars, politics, child rearing, religous disssention, and how to win friends and influence people.

A most pleasant time had by all, but I was the most lucky. I didn't have to drive 40 minutes home.

.......and that was just Saturday. Maybe later I'll get to Sunday.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Except for all that crazy running around... unless, of course, it was done in the new Jag... sounds like a great day.
Would ya at least wait until I get to eat some of that yummy chili before ya had to kill me? I could die happy!

kdzu said...

All The running was of course done in the new Jag. 21.8 mpg beats the heck out of the rams 16.nothing.
I would never think of letting you die without haveing partooken of the Chili. Die with a smile on your mouth and chili in your tummy.