Thursday, September 20, 2007

At long last

.
I have taken a little time to update some of the sites I check. Some each day and others occasionally, but all have good things to say from time to time.

I've been a little lax lately although no more than at other times. I can only rant and rave for so long before I realize that you don't care and it doesn't make me feel any better. Just relives the monotony some what.

But tomorrow is another day. Ihop in the morning until the bank opens then garner some mammon and head out to buy a few herringbones. Boy did they go out of fashion or what? People thought you could wear them like any other necklace. Sleep in them, work in them, mess around in them, whatever, it took only a small kink to ruin them. Most jewelers and pawnshop owners held on to them way too long.

With the recent surge in gold prices people are starting to reevaluate their worth.
I don't care, they refine easily.

Of course the price is also a reflection of the perceived worth of the US pictures of dead presidents. Right now we're losing out to the euro, which makes them happy as a pig in a mud wallow. Wait until they force us to pay for oil in euros. Don't think the Fed lowered rates to help the housing market. No, it's all about them making money in the currency markets.

Funny how we spend our lives, or a great portion of it, to gain what few pieces of paper that we can, and if we do amass a large number in our bank account call ourselves rich.

At least you can eat Kudzu and make paper out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... herringbones?.... you an old Marine, or what?...


Eric

kdzu said...

No Eric, I was Army. Almost joined the Marine reserves in my 30's after being out of the army about 7 yrs. Friend of mine wanted me to fly twin engine cobras for his outfit at Dobbins NAS above Atlanta. Seriously considered it but with 3 rugrats figured it best if I stayed put. Always had greatest respect for the Marines. I was standing on the Airfield at DaNang when the 1st Marine air wing made their farewell flyover. As they went over I looked down and found a small pin with their name and logo on it. I may still have it somewhere.

Jean said...

some DO care...