Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Evening Coming Down

Yeah, I know that's not right......but it is evening here and the clouds have finally rubbed up against each other for so long that something had to give.
I had debated leaving my truck windows down just to tempt nature to give us a little drink. Probably a good thing I didn't because She seems determined to throw her weight around anyway.

Sorta like the 300 # WalMartian in those tight spandex pants. You just know that something has got to give..

Anyhoo, the lightning is flashing, and the thunder is booming, and occasionally cracking loud enough to make one jump.
The trees are heaving to and fro like a drunk on a sailboat and there are sure to be green leaves in the road come morning.
The pooch, as usual, is hiding under the bed. Maybe he has more sense than he's given credit for.
But there is something awe inspiring about a storm. Especially when you see it coming and realize that you are but a bug on the sidewalk if it really decides to let loose on you.

You can look out the window and see the trees across Smokey Road but it's gray as if a very solid fog was settling in.

I've read that the average time a thunder storm cell lasts is 26 minutes. This one will probably be even shorter in duration. Kinda like you are when someone calls you and idiot and 20 seconds later, just before you really go off on them, you realize that you are. Even now it begins to abate a bit.

'Til now it has been rather a quite Sunday. I woke to the smell of fresh baked biscuits.......but upon finding that there was only lard gravy to go with them decided to pass. I never thought I'd do that........and wouldn't have if there had been chunks of sausage in the gravy.......but, I'm not going to clog the arteries further for no good meat to go with it. Of course I could have put a little apple butter on the biscuit but I'd already become a bit peckish about the gravy and acting on my pique, cut off my nose to spite my face (as my mother used to say).

I guess I'll get back to watching the train wreck of my life and try to figure out what move I'll make tomorrow.

Meanwhile you can listen to Johnny and Kris and contemplate your day.

No comments: