Monday, March 22, 2010

When.....

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

It disturbs me a great deal that I write the following; but, I am glad the House of Representatives last evening at the time of 11pm voted to pass the Health Reform Act.

Now before you send the ambulance with the white jacketed men wielding straitjackets to round me up and haul my wrinkled ass away, let me continue.

Because, perhaps now the citizens of this Republic will wake fully to the tyranny that can be imposed when we let others make the decisions regarding the totality of our live and will demand that their Freedom be returned.

For as many years as you care to number up to one hundred and fifty the rights demanded by the Declaration of Independence and codified by the Constitution of the United States and especially the Bill of Rights have been slowly eroded by the elected representatives of this country, whether for their own glory, power or enrichment or at the behest of others seeking their own goals.

Slowly, slowly, then more and more rapidly as the demands of honest men to be left alone to seek each their own freedom and security and the same for their families diminished with the passing of generation after generation, lulled by the siren call of prosperity and plenty that had been provided by the earnest effort of their fathers and mothers, this nation became so pliable to the seductive caresses of the velvet shackles that bound first one foot, then another, then a little finger, then another till at last we reach the point of complete restriction except for perhaps a muffled whimper around the edges of the gags imposed upon us.

Perhaps the sleepy giant can yet be aroused to it's full righteous, indignant anger to burst the bonds that keep it from revealing it's tremendous abilities and power. Perhaps these assaults are now sufficient. If not now........when?

We've seen glimpses of that power and those abilities when it has arisen to overcome foreign tyrants intent on enslaving not only their own countrymen but those of it's neighbors, in World Wars of the shooting kind and the lesser bally-hooed wars of ideas and philosophies. From a nation that fed the world and exported the ideas and inventions to the remote places so that other free men and women could feed themselves and their families.
From a nation that envisioned and succeeded in placing men on our closest heavenly neighbor, a nation that led the assault on smallpox, polio, hunger and ignorance.
From a nation that has given freely of the blood, sweat and tears of it's young men, women and families in hopes that the blessings of freedom with all it's attendant benefits could be extended to peoples of every stripe and hue, whatever their beliefs, with only the expectation that both they and we could then live lives of prosperity, plenty and progression together on the world that a benevolent Creator had placed us upon.

I have to believe that ability and power still resides within the hearts of my countrymen, but as history has shown time and time again, freedom cycles from abject slavery to determination by a few to break free, to struggles against overwhelming forces to freedom, to prosperity and security to pride and wealth untold to addiction to feast and entertainment to willingness to let others decide the direction of our lives, back into the shackles of Slavery.

By some counts I am either old or senior, certainly thought of as well past my prime and quite possibly I've been out in the sun too long, but this I vow

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

I take this pledge as a personal Declaration of Independence. As a sovereign individual, I assert the exclusive right to my life, my liberty and my property, as guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. As government is properly instituted to protect my rights, I oppose, and declare as unconstitutional, all actions taken by government that violate the very rights it is charged with defending. I support a return to the principle of individualism upon which this country was founded. And rejecting any initiation of the use of force as being wholy inappropriate, I support a society based strictly upon voluntary association and free trade among its people.


And would you in your arrogance seek to bend me to your will....I have only one thing to say.


Bring it.

No comments: