Thursday, December 09, 2010

Crashing and burning

The ol' Grump fell again tonight.

Second time in a week, the first time hitting his back on the edge of the dresser. This time hitting his head lightly on the floor and tearing some of his paper thin skin on both arms. A good bit confused.

He seems to be getting weaker and more confused with each week that goes by. Plans to attend a nephews wedding may have to be put off.

If you care for an elderly parent you know the stress it can place. The wife of my youth doesn't need any more stress above what I cause her, but with two elderly and not so healthy parents, one living with us and one 30 minutes away, both of whom don't eat right and one smokes like she's on fire, my dearest is stressed out. I'm not very good at being her Rock of Gibraltar and it's painful.

Ya'll that are inclined are requested to keep us and them in your prayers.

Thanks and Ya'll come back now.

3 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

I know how difficult it can be, but you have a heart of gold! Find your happy place and here's a big HUG for you and the Missus!

Carolyn said...

Sure hope things go better. Still hope I get to see you next week while I am at Joyce's. Love you and will keep all of you in our prayers.

Jean said...

Trying times for all. Prayers going up.