Sunday, January 08, 2012

Sunday Evening going down.

Winding up another quiet day here at the KG.

Not much has transpired. Woke up late (7:45) as usual, but after I started making noise cleaning last nights dishes out of the dishwasher the KW came in made the coffee and cook us up some nice sausage and fried eggs w/toast. God Bless her. I can do an adequate job of it, but, it just tastes better when she does it.

It's been a cloudy, kinda moist day, with more fog later in the afternoon. We just took it a bit easy after showing the new property off to our youngest daughter and grand daughter yesterday. The son, his wife and two children came over after a bit and look things over also. Lee, my grandson is growing like all get out. Almost as tall as I and just under his dads shoe size, he bids to outdo both of us in height. I'm not sure exactly when you realize you're all grown up, but think it may be when you realize that you'll soon be the oldest to carry the name on and soon it will be others turn.

Life goes on, and, I'm glad it does, but wonder if it'll be over before I've seen all I wanna see.

I want to climb to the top of the Temples of the Sun and Moon and look thru the Sun Gate at

Machu Picchu
at sun rise.

What do you want to do, that you haven't done yet?

2 comments:

Jean said...

I'm so happy for you about the new house! Hope you share pics.

There are many, many places I'd love to travel to but reality says most will not happen. I'd be happy with visiting more places in the USA.
Ideally, I'd love to be able to have a house in a small town and do nothing but create art of all kinds.
That would be heaven.

Yabu said...

I've been to many Mayan ruins, and Machu Picchu is high on my list. The Inca have always fascinated me. Many years ago I wanted to tour the Middle East, but it looks like that's out. I would also like to float a hot air balloon across Africa