Monday, July 16, 2007

It is always .............................

.
....................a mistake of the grossest kind to let me loose in a grocery store when I'm hungry. Especially if I've got 3 or 4 dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

Yesterday I was tasked to go to the store and pick up some soft drinks and ice for the old grump. Sufficient to quench the thirst of a group from his church an hour and a half away. They try to come up once a month to make sure that I don't convert him into some kind of weird cult or something. Well actually, they just like him and want to check up on him and visit for a while.

The preacher and his wife have about 9 children mostly girls, and as they are some sort of primitive Baptists, or something, they don't have that instrument of the devil, a piano, in their church. (Probably make someone get up and dance or something) As a result they have learned to harmonize their church songs, and it's a little like listening to a choir of angels to hear those girls aged from 5 to about 18 sing together. Papa and the one boy still at home are wise enough to keep their bass at a level that only adds to the general attractiveness of the sounds.

Quite a pleasure really, to listen to them.

Anyway as I was saying about the dangers of letting me loose. I returned home with the grumps drinks and change............and a package of Oreo cookies from my spare quarters and dimes.

Oh, the horror, and massacre, with which I tore thru them. Kinda like Sherman thru Atlanta and middle Georgia. Leaving nothing but plastic wrap and crumbs behind. I think the wife may have had two or three. I finished them off this evening just in time to click this out.

I'll probably poop black for a couple of days now. Chocolate being almost as good as Castoria (remember that kids?) at scouring the old pipes out.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I thought I was the only one that got that effect from chocolate!
Oreos........ so good, they must be a sin.

kdzu said...

Well, they say gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. You'll die with and oreo in your mouth, a smile on your face and arteries like concrete.
But I can't help myself anymore than turning my head when a lady walks by.