Friday, January 18, 2008

I am Not

.
Smarter than a fifth grader.

I can put my pants on right the first time....button my own shirt.....even tell time using an analog watch.

BUT

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to start up the new Magellan Triton 1500 GPS unit. Oh, I can turn it on.......even tell if the battery is charged and if I'm receiving a satellite signal. But do the instructions give you a 1,2,3, step by step explanation of how to get every thing up and running, with all the maps downloaded.


WELL, HELL NO!


And to put the icing on the cake the MFing technical support 800 # is closed till start of business on Monday, and the online support system doesn't even recognize that they make a Triton 1500 yet.

This just pisses me the hell off.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not have a get out of jail free card, do not attempt to work an electrical product made in the last 10 years without a fifth grader by your side to draw you pictures.

Just Damn, Damn, Damn

3 comments:

Jean said...

uh oh.

hmmmm...could it be that their 800# tech support is manned by 5th graders who won't be back until after the weekend?... heh.
Sorry.

kdzu said...

Jean, yeah, probably 5th graders from Bangladesh will be my luck. They'll have names like David or Linda, but their times cards will say something different.

Anonymous said...

me neither. in fact, i'm not as smart as my 7.5 month old niece (so you're way ahead of me) she had to show me how to turn on the music when she was in her exer-saucer. :)