Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Honk if you love Peace

.
A funny thing happened on the way into the present moment today.

I arose to the possibilities of the new morning. Blearily, grumpily, disheveled, and bearded I stepped into the shower to try to get the bed out of my mind. Shampooed, rinsed, repeated, soaped and scrubbed, I tried not to cut my throat as I scrapped my face and upper neck. Off to meet the day.........

Missed the first guy 'cause he was off shitting in the woods. Literally.

Made the second appointment and was throughly pissed off by a guy with a 400 year old chip on his shoulder. Swallowed the bile that darkened the sun for a while. You're not allowed to carry there. Probably a good rule.

Spent the second half of the day traveling and feeling good as the stops were productive.

Got back and tried one more place trying to find a black ink cartridge for the latest printer addition. Only to spit "son-of-a-bitch" when Cartridge World didn't have it either. The clerk must have seen the red behind my pupils because he pointed a shaking finger to Office Max. Bought 2 just in case the jones' came back.

And then drove through the middle of the Classic City only to spot some asshole holding up a 'Honk if you love Peace' sign in front of the arches. Took great joy in giving him the bird and watching the look of amazement on his face. Faggot!!!!

And got home to the realization that I'm just not a Peace Lovin' sort of guy these days. If I ever were.

In the immortal words uttered by Sir Anthony Hopkins in Legends of the Fall.....

...........Scruuueemm
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have GOT to be the state champion WHINER! You whine about EVERYTHING! Get a life, crybaby.

Northwoods Woman said...

Oh darlin, I think you are the most peace loving dude on the planet! I love you!
fu2, right back at ya!