Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's see

If I can remember how to post anything on here.

Hmmmmm, the soft clicking of the keys seem to ignite a flicker of memory in the burned out fire some people report seeing where my brain used to be.

It's been a week and a half.......hell, maybe another week or so before I come back. Maybe not, we'll see.

Finally we got some of the rain that Fay had promised us for so long today. For some reason people around here don't seem to pay the preachers enough and the Lord has withheld his bounty till the pastures are dry as popcorn farts.

But, tonight we've rain, blessed event, sometimes whipped along by the wind to rattle fitfully at the window panes, other times drizzling like and ol' man dribbling off the back porch. Taking so long the wife yells at him to choke it off and come back inside.

There was a tornado watch an hour ago for the Elberton area. I was down at Tiny Town waiting on far too little for such a long drive. The clouds were black and gray to the east and just above the treetops. Made me keep a weather eye out as they say. Moving to the north though so no danger unless the Fickle Finger of Fate chose to give me the ol' finger wave just for spite. Hell, bring it on.........I'm ready or not. Don't matter much either way.

I've three or four scoops of Lara Lynn chocolate ice cream in a plastic bowl along with a couple of chocolate covered graham crackers on the desk in front of me. I takes my comfort and pleasures as I can. Soon I'll take off the boots and pick up my latest Bill Lee Burke novel.

As you can see not much going on here. The spouse is taking off with oldest daughter and family to Myrtle Beach for Labor day. My job is to take care of the ol' grump and make sure he takes his pills on time. Which reminds me that I need to take mine. I may head for the hills later in the month.....try to find where the timberdoodles roost. If'n I do I'll keep a secret. They're a shy and retiring bird unless you come across them early in the evening working through a wet slough probing for worms.

You all keep Mama Kat and LL in your thoughts........that their bodies may be healed.

No comments: